Most frequent questions

The International University of Andalusia is a benchmark for postgraduate studies, masters and doctorates. We are committed to training that combines the best teaching staff with the best technological tools, combining theoretical training, which is always essential, with practical immersion, essential for students to take advantage of all training opportunities and to be able to take on the challenges of finding employment in their speciality.

A distinction must be made between master’s and doctoral studies. Both are attractive choices for the student but professionally differentiated.

A master’s degree is a training programme suitable for those who have completed their undergraduate studies. They usually last no less than one year and are intended to provide specialised training.

The doctorate culminates the academic cycle through the selection of a subject in which research is to be carried out with a view to obtaining a doctoral degree.

It is perfectly possible to access a postgraduate course at the International University of Andalusia even if you have studied a degree in another country. There are differences in processing depending on whether the country is an EU or non-EU country, and it is necessary to accredit the equivalence of qualifications, but it can be a very interesting academic option to complete a university education obtained in another country with a doctorate at the UNIA in Spain.

We must differentiate between elective and compulsory Master’s degrees that necessarily precede professional practice, as is the case in some degrees such as Law. In these cases, the master’s degree completes the university education and leads to an official qualification.

In turn, within the elective master’s degrees we must differentiate between those that lead to an official degree and that are preceded by the requirement of a previous university degree and those that lead to a private degree and do not require a previous university degree.

Yes, sure. It is a good option for those who wish to access specialised training, even outside the degree they have studied, attracted by a desire to improve their training, to open up to new professional expectations or to train themselves culturally, technically and socially.

A master’s degree is a specialised higher education course that leads to the award of an official university degree.

To do so, you must have the corresponding university degree. It usually lasts one or two years and culminates in the second university cycle.

The UNIA combines advanced and specialised training, practical immersion and the best technological tools at the service of the best faculty. All this with an innovative approach that strives for excellence.

Moreover, its location in Spain, Andalusia, allows foreign students to immerse themselves in a space of modern culture and education, and at the same time, close to the rich history and culture of our nation, all with a magnificent environment and an excellent climate.

Yes, sure. It is possible and can be an excellent choice to enhance, complete or consolidate training.

The UNIA offers a wide range of courses that combine the best and most innovative information with an innovative design aimed at providing and improving the skills necessary for integration into professional life or research.

Passing this type of master’s degree does not lead to an official qualification, but to a private qualification that certifies having completed the master’s degree with a certain level of achievement.

Yes, sure. It depends on the ability of the student and the conjugation of the teaching hours of each of them. As they are masters that lead to private degrees, their duration is usually shorter than that of masters that lead to official degrees, so you can take two options and it can be a good formula to complement the training you are looking for with the options you have chosen.

Spain has an excellent level of university, postgraduate and master’s degree education.

In addition, studying in Spain allows you to get to know the history and culture of our country, historic cities, some of the best art galleries in the world, first class libraries and all this with a modern transport system that facilitates communications and allows students to combine their training with a cultural immersion in a country that is part of the EU but is also the gateway to America where the presence of Spanish as a language opens the door to a huge linguistic and cultural space, from Cervantes and the golden century through magical realism or reaching the current effervescent literary culture written and spoken in Spanish.

Do you have any questions?

The differences between the titles

A master’s degree is a specialised academic training that can be used to complete postgraduate studies, to gain access to a doctorate or to qualify to practice a chartered profession, and as a means of gaining in-depth knowledge of the subjects and the praxis or practical practice of a profession.

A distinction can be made between those with official qualifications, those with official qualifications and those with their own qualifications.

This is a higher education university degree that qualifies the holder to practise a chartered profession (e.g. civil engineers; industrial engineers; architects or lawyers).

This is an official qualification that accredits having successfully completed a regulated and specialised training that is usually taken to improve training, to specialise, to start in practice in order to enter the world of work or as a preliminary step to research. To access this type of master’s degree you need to have a Spanish or officially recognised university degree.

A private master’s degree is a usually multidisciplinary training programme aimed at improving professional skills or acquiring new knowledge that does not lead to an official qualification, but to a private degree or certificate of achievement.

Although it depends on the admission requirements established by the university, it is possible to study a private master’s degree with a non-university qualification (e.g. vocational training), although it is also possible if you have a university degree.

Official master’s degrees that lead to an official qualification are effective in Spain and the EU. With certain singularities also in the States of the European Economic Area.

A doctorate is an official degree that completes university training (bachelor’s, postgraduate or official master’s degree and doctorate) for the acquisition of research skills.

The doctorate is usually preceded by a training and research course and culminates in a doctoral thesis.

The official levels of English are graded from level A1 (basic knowledge of the language) to level C2 (native or bilingual).

To study a master’s degree at the UNIA you need a B2 level of English, i.e. you must be able to understand the main ideas of complex texts that deal with abstract or general and concrete subjects, including those of a technical nature.